[SEL] Need Information on Genset

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 10:19:45 PDT 2009

2009/10/25 Elden DuRand <edurand at mchsi.com>:
> Peter:
>
> Thanks for looking!  You'll be the only person who can shed some light on this genset.
>
> I hope you had a wonderful trip over here to the Colonies.
>
> Take care - Elden

We had a medical problem with one of our grand-daughters, which meant
she had to have oxygen and medical treatment on the plane, and we were
met by a paramedic team at the airport Fortunately it was nothing too
serious and she was released later that night. The British Airways
crew and the Customs & Immigration guys were superb, couldn't have
asked for better treatment.

Rest of the trip went well, and no problems going home :-))

Found the data, your exact machine isn't listed, but there's one pretty close:

1BDG-38  - can be:

BD-3 (3kW DC 32V or 125V 1500rpm)
BD-2A (2.5kW AC 1ph 120V 60Hz 1200rpm)
BD-3A (3kW AC 1ph 120V 50Hz 1500rpm)

Leaflet for that model range shows a single-cylinder diesel with
radiator cooling, same bore and stroke as you quoted, direct-coupled
alternator or dynamo.

I'll scan the brochure when I get a minute and email it direct to you.
 I'd suggest that the 'M' in the designation could be 'Marine',
possibly a marine auxiliary generator. Looks like a neat little unit.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes
Email: listerdiesel at gmail.com