[SEL] Barn Fire Pictures

paulmaples at sbcglobal.net paulmaples at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 19 17:42:27 PDT 2009

Hello Stan,

No relation to Hugh, at least none I know of.

I had to sell my pride and joy which was my 1905 5-1/2 HP Model C Vertical
Stover. I had spent several years restoring it and had it mechanically
restored and in primer and then had to sell it, it broke my heart. My good
friend, Steve Royster, bought it and has been showing it at some of the
engine shows and he sends me pictures of Old Red as I called the engine.

The wife and I have been raising our two grandson for the last 10 years with
no help from anyone and then I got laid off from my job of 35 years and
ended up having to sell all of my engines to support the family. Sort of the
same fix most folks are in these days.

Old engines are my love and I am trying to find an old fixer upper I can
afford just to have something to work on this Winter. It helps keep me from
being so depressed.

You hang on to that Stover and I would love to see some pictures of your 8
HP Stover.

Thanks for writing,

Paul