[SEL] buzz coils

Paul + Colleen Gray pcgray at zoominternet.net
Sun Oct 4 10:02:06 PDT 2009

Jimmy-

I have had luck modifying some of the modern ignition coils (like
where they have one coil per cylinder) to fit in older buzz coil
boxes. These units are encased in plastic coatings with a loop-looking
armature. If you cut the armature so you can poke it through where the
buzz points are and add a condenser, they will deliver a nice hot
spark.  I hated to see a nice looking finger-jointed coil box
relegated to the mantle... If you cruise some of the junk yards you
can usually spot something which will fit the bill. The newer coils
have way better insulation than the old units and hence are much
smaller. Hope this helps..

Paul

myrickmachine at gmail.com