[SEL] thoughts on best repair

Jim French fbi at insulate.co.uk
Mon Nov 30 09:54:06 PST 2009

Hi all this is Jim not Dolly

On Saturday me and twin bro Andy went to see a Ruston Hornsby not 15
miles from our village that has sat there from new !!  The owner is an
81 year old who showed it to us and has asked us to get it running
again. It's in quite good order, still turning freely over but a valve
has stuck (not the problem) and years ago he kept on turning the engine
over to budge the sticking valve ... but bust the rocker arm !!!  What
I'm asking is, what is the best way to repair the rocker arm as it is a
clean snap - braze, cast rod stick welded, stainless mig weld ??
Now the dark nights are here well and propper, this will be a nice job.
Any thoughts?

JIM

--
Jim French