[SEL] Glenn Karch

Keith Kinney kkinney at herculesengines.com
Wed Nov 4 19:30:03 PST 2009

Here is Glenn's Obituary:

Glenn Arthur Karch, 79, of Haubstadt, passed away at 9:53 pm, Tuesday,
November 3, 2009 at River Pointe Health Center from brain cancer.

Glenn was honored by the Never Too Late organization on October 17th
with an 80th Birthday Celebration. The Never Too Late. Org grants
wishes to terminally ill patients and he was the second to receive
such an honor at the River Pointe Health Center this year.

Glenn was born on November 23, 1929 in Evansville Indiana. He was a
member of Immanuel Lutheran Church where he held numerous positions.
Glenn was also a Korean War Veteran.

He was a grain farmer and retired as a Regional Sales Manager with 25
years of service with Pioneer HiBred

He was a 1947 graduate of Reitz High School. In 1951 he received his
BS in Agriculture from Purdue University and was a life member of the
John Purdue Club. He was also an Assistant County Agent in Gibson
County and a Vanderburgh County 4-H Center Volunteer and 4-H Leader.

He was a member of the Southern Indiana Antique Machinery & Engine
Club, Cool Springs, PA Power Museum, and the Portland Indiana Tri-
State Tractor & Engine Club.
Glenn enjoyed his engines and was a world-wide contact regarding the
Hercules Engines built in Evansville, also information on many other
brands of engines. He was the author of Hercules Manufacturing Company
of Evansville Book pertaining to their engines and history. He has
donated a Hercules Engine that is on display at the Indianapolis Museum.

He is survived by his wife of 57 years, Marian Niederhaus Karch; sons,
Kurt Karch and his wife, Waverlyn of Haubstadt and Kevin Karch and
Lori Campbell of Indianapolis, IN. One sister, Gayle Karch Cook and
husband, Bill, of Bloomington, IN. Two grandchildren, Kayla Grace
Karch and Allen Hurst-Alexander Karch of Haubstadt. One nephew, Carl
Cook, and wife Marcy, of Bloomington, IN.

The family would like to extend their thanks to the River Pointe
Health Center and Heritage Hospice for all their care given to Glenn.

Funeral service 10:30 am on Saturday, November 7, 2009 at Alexander-
North Funeral Home, Stringtown Road, Evansville. Burial will be in the
Lutheran Cemetery on St. Joe Avenue. Reverend Kirk Horstmeyer will be
officiating.

Friends may call from 1 to 8 pm Friday, November 6, 2009 at Alexander-
North Chapel. And 9 am to service time Saturday at 10:30.

Memorials contributions may be made to Immanuel Lutheran Church
Educational Building or The Glenn Karch Cancer Research Endowment,
Purdue University Center for Cancer Research, Hansen Life Science
Research Bldg, room 141, 201 S. University Street, West Lafayette, IN
47907-2064

Keith