[SEL] RE-my recent accident & stay in hospital

craig morrison benzengines at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Nov 3 05:13:57 PST 2009

Hi,Guys & Gals,

        I would like to thank everyone most sincerely for all the kind emails and cards that have been sent to my parents on my behalf at to me in hospital,it is good to know that we have been in so many peoples thoughts over the past 4 weeks.
    I was discharched from hospital yesterday afternoon, and I can sure say that it was a real good feeling to be going home after such a short stay in hospital ( as I was originally told I would be lucky if I were home for Christmas) surgery went very well with on fracture being plated and screwed together, the other two will be left to heal naturally.
    It was only decided over the weekend that I should be allowed home so promptly as the surgical team were happy with the out come of the x-rays I received on Friday, and the physio's were also happy with the progress I had made after being allowed up no the Wednesday after progressing from walking with the aid of a lifter frame to a Zimmer on Friday afternoon then on to using elbow crutches on Sunday morning.So it just goes to prove that hard work and determination do help when in hospital as well as all the cards and messages that spurred me on.
    I have a further check up appointment in 6 weeks time, mean while I have some physio work that I can do at home as well as getting about by the aid of crutches as long as I don't put any weight at all through my left leg.

        Thanks for all your kind wishes and cards as it means such allot to me at this time and I take great strength in knowing that so many people care about me, again thanks.

Craig Morrison