[SEL] SEL Digest, Vol 62, Issue 28

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Sun May 31 08:56:36 PDT 2009

At 06:00 PM 30/05/2009, you wrote:
>Message: 4
>Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 22:06:36 +1000
>From: "Peter Lowe" <plowe at exemail.com.au>
>Subject: Re: [SEL] Another one lives.
>Hi Jerry
>Great work mate, when running correctly (go away Dave and Arnie) they do
>purr like a kitten, on one or two cylinders.
>I ran Kaye's Maytag at the Rusty Iron Rally for two days on one cylinder, a
>spectator felt the cylinders and said why is one hot and one cold. On
>inspection one plug had fouled but made no real difference to the sound at
>all or to its running. Might little engine, er motor ;-))))
>You need the muffler on it to make it run smoother.
>Peter, Oz

Hi Peter,
         All answered on the other list!!
Except: In South Africa motors have electric wires connected to them :-)

         (for Dave and Arnie - those are NOT the wires that run to the
electric motor that makes the Maytag turn) :-)

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans
<www.oldengine.org/members/evans/plates/index.htm>