[SEL] Another one lives.

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Fri May 29 09:26:02 PDT 2009

Hi all,
         About 30 minutes ago another Maytag Twin sprang to life again.
(Luckily Arnie is on the EHOWT 09 so I will not have to read and "boat
anchor" comments - but then there is always Dave to make up for Arnie's
absence :-)  ).
         This is the one that I wrote to the lists a few months ago
regarding help on purchasing a Briggs twin coil on eBay. At that time I had
many offers of help but Ron Haskell jumped right in and bought them for me.
Many thanks Ron - your help is very appreciated.
         The Briggs coils (I bought 2) arrived about a month later but it's
only recently that I've had a little spare time to try them out.
         It's quite a simple matter to replace the Maytag coil with the
Briggs coil and I finally did it this afternoon. After I'd figured out the
timing the little beast sprang to life on the first try - albeit with an
electric drill - not the kickstart. (Friday afternoon and I'm tired - much
easier with a drill and socket especially when there is the possibility of
a problem!). I still need to sort out the timing a little but , in
principle "it works". Time for a "B&C" :-)
         I took a short video but my camera batteries bombed out after
about 10 sec. - as soon as they are recharged I'll take a longer one. In
the meantime (for the doubters) here is the short version:
<www.oldengine.org/members/evans/Maytwin/Maytag conversion.wmv>

         Full webpage will follow soon.
P.S. Our ISP is F------ Around with the mail server again and I'm not
getting mail coming through (I can send but not receive) so I'll probably
only get to see any replies tomorrow.)

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans
<www.oldengine.org/members/evans/plates/index.htm>