[SEL] Cat forklift question.

jbcast at charter.net jbcast at charter.net
Sun May 24 07:19:12 PDT 2009

Several years ago I purchased some equipment from a local fertilizer plant that closed. There were two Caterpillar forklifts, I think  one was a T50D and the other was a T60D. I sold these to a friend, he took them and hasn't used them, offered to sell them back to me. I ran both of them, they ran good but are pretty weather beaten. I would like to use the engine on a generator. Does anyone (on the list, Dave R) know if these are Cat or Perkins engines? I remember they were 4 cylinder, aluminum head. Any idea of what HP? I can get both for less than scrap value so I can't go wrong.
J.B. Castagnos