[SEL] Thieves

Judge Tommy Turner Lcjudge at scrtc.com
Fri May 22 18:30:59 PDT 2009

Steve,
	Of course my wife still thinks I am... (especially when it comes
to buying an old hunk of iron and paying more for it that I did for her
van!).

	Dave, you'd be surprised at what you see around the courthouse!
About a week ago the Sheriff called and said he had just gotten a report
that a guy was standing at the back with a shotgun and he commented to
someone as they walked in he was going to see Judge Turner.  I asked the
Sheriff did the gent have anyone with him and the Sheriff said yes, it
looked like a young couple to  be married.  I told the Sheriff not to
worry about it.  My courthouse is one of the few in KY that you don't
have to walk through metal detectors to enter.  The State has been on me
for the last dozen years or so to do it but I refuse.  I've always told
them that if I'm ever afraid to face the public that elects me, I'll
quit.  Back to the shotgun, the young gent and gal were there to be
married and the girl told me that her dad would be along and he wanted
to make it truly a "shotgun wedding" (she was about 4 months pregnant).
She said he's big joker.  I know of him and knew him to be one.  So, I
performed a wedding in the courtroom with her dad standing there with a
shotgun on his hip.  A lot of photos were made and the couple said they
would have some good stories to tell the new little one.

Tommy Turner
Magnolia, KY