[SEL] OT. Brake fluids

curt at rustyiron.com curt at rustyiron.com
Tue May 19 11:10:59 PDT 2009

Peter et al:
Ah there is the accurate information I was after! I think all the MG brake
systems used Lockheed parts and I used the amber coloured fluid.

It's sounds as if the general consensus is that rubber compounds and
glycol based (non-silicone) brake fluids have been standardized and that
mixing US Prestone brake fluid with Euro Castrol is likely safe today.

Thanks everyone for the replies.
Curt Holland
Gastonia, NC