[SEL] Cooper-stover KA engine help

Peter Lowe plowe at exemail.com.au
Thu May 7 05:17:28 PDT 2009

Hi all

OK here are the pics of my new Cooper/Stover KA 2hp.
http://www.oldengine.org/members/plowe/My%20Engines/cooper/cooper.htm

I have a couple of questions:

1. Is the muffler correct?

2. Does this spring hold the valve rocker against the valve or the push rod?
http://www.oldengine.org/members/plowe/My%20Engines/cooper/valve-spring.JPG

3. Does anyone have a good clear focused photo of this area, the red circled area is missing the mag trip thingy. My mate has this to make one for his other engine but it will be years before he gets around to it. I will try and acquire these parts for myself to save the bother.
http://www.oldengine.org/members/plowe/My%20Engines/cooper/mag-trip.JPG

4. Looks like I have the rocker the wrong way around.

5. Does anyone is Oz have a pulley the same as this one, my mate wants this pulley back.
http://www.oldengine.org/members/plowe/My%20Engines/cooper/pulley.JPG

6. If anyone has one of these engines I would like some good clear photos from all over your engine, especially the mag trip area, the head and valves, the governor.

7. What type or size oiler do they have?

Regards
Peter Lowe
R&V Engine Registrar
Australia