[SEL] Bearings (Ball and Roller)

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 12:44:33 PDT 2009

Looking for some replacement bearings for the Carrier Wheels, we found
that the correct bearings were no longer available, and the
dimensional replacement was £40 a throw ($56.00)

However, looking at the dimensions, we were able to find a much
cheaper bearing by increasing the ID, which gave us a bearing price of
£5 or about $6.50.

Two ebay vendors had them available.

We have only had to increase the stub axle diameter from 40mm to 50mm
to get into a volume priced bearing that is more than up to the job.

Worth thinking about if you are able to modify an application, or when
designing something new, go for the volume bearings, not the specials.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes
Email: listerdiesel at gmail.com