[SEL] O.T O.T Need computer help opening .jpg files

Elden DuRand edurand at mchsi.com
Mon Jun 29 06:54:45 PDT 2009

S. Work:

I wish I could get away from Microsoft operating systems but I've tried several alternatives and none have worked out.

So far, I really did a push for O.S.2 until IBM dropped it, then tried several versions of Linux including Kubutnu.  I haven't been able to get any of the versions of Linux to work right, have some trouble with the file system and can't get used to the "non-talkative" System Prompt.

Also, I can't seem to get the Kubutnu graphic mode to work right and then there are the driver issues.  If they (Linux) could get to where it is more intuitive, I think I could switch.  For now, I'm stuck with Windoze and not liking it.

My only alternative may be to go to Apple the next time the smoke leaks out of my system .

Take care - Elden
http://www.oldengine.org/members/durand