[SEL] Cooling system bypass loops.

Germoamer at aol.com Germoamer at aol.com
Thu Jun 25 14:21:12 PDT 2009

In a message dated 6/25/2009 9:58:05 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
curt at rustyiron.com writes:

so I  decided
to give this a try on the 8HP Famous saw  rig.

Curt,

My 1914 Famous, 6hp, screen cooled, gear water pump engine has a factory
restrictor water flow system on it. It comes after the water pump,  restricts
the amount of water going to the jacket and the excess goes directly  back
into the water tank via a pipe going into the large hole in the tank sheet
metal about half way up. You control the flow by a valve. All of this is at
the back of the engine near the pump and tank.  Restricting the water to
the jacket makes it heat up good, comes down the screen hot and heats  up the
rest of the water in the tank.  On cold days, there is a sheet metal  cover
over one side of the screen restricting the air flow thru it.  I  think on
real cold days, two covers were used, one on either side.  I have  my engine
apart right now, but hope to have it together in a few weeks and will  send
you some photos.

Tom  Schmutz
Concord,  Va.
germoamer at AOL.com

**************Shop Popular Dell Laptops now starting at $349!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222031056x1201446063/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fad.dou
bleclick.net%2Fclk%3B215910283%3B38350812%3Ba)