[SEL] Portland Show

Paul Pavlinovich pjp08 at steamengine.com.au
Mon Jul 27 05:33:54 PDT 2009

Hi Russell, you'll have a hell of a time. The members of this list, and
in particular the Portland people - especially my best friends - you
know who you are - are some of the most generous and welcoming people
you will meet on this earth. Whether you choose the live in a hotel or
camp in the camp ground alternative you will be spending time with some
great folks. Try and get to both and make sure you get to the dinner and
auction. You'll probably buy something so start trying to figure out how
to bring it home now ;).

Oh yeah, when someone tries to tell you a bloomin onion is Australian
just nod and let it slide - they won't be convinced!

ps. Go over to the grand stand at the edge of the show - some really
nice pies are baked by some lovely older ladies. Ask the people you meet
at Portland if they remember the crazy Australian that just kept on
eating cherry pies.

Oh, yeah, you MUST take a driz-a-bone. It is simply mandatory.

If you want some friendship gifts for special people you meet - take
Australian bush hats.

Regards
Paul