[SEL] Fordson Snow Tractor

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 23:46:51 PST 2009

On 30/01/2009, Listerdiesel <listerdiesel at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 29/01/2009, Doug Tallman <dtallman at accnorwalk.com> wrote:
>> Someone on another list posted this link to a video of a Fordson
>> specially fitted for snow operation. Seems like maybe Rick Strobel or
>> someone posted a photo from a museum that had something similar?
>> Enjoy!
>
> I think that's similar to the one at the Heidrick Agricultural Museum.
> Got a picture on one of our trip reports, possibly the one in the link
> that was posted.

Description on the Ag Museum site:

"Fordson Snowmobile 1926
This was known as an Armstead Snow-motor. Hauling capacity was said to
be five tons. Each drum receives power from a separate clutch which,
depending on the position of the steering gear, engages and
disengages. It can also traverse bare ground. This machine hauled mail
from Truckee to North Lake Tahoe."

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes