[SEL] re dead battery

Skip Cleveland skipcleveland at bellsouth.net
Wed Jan 28 06:26:50 PST 2009

Many years ago, in Chattanooga, there were a bunch of used battery places on
Rossville Blvd., used car row.
What they did was simple. Pour all the old acid out into a pan, shake the
battery around and bang it on the floor a bit. Squirt a water hose nozzle
into the holes and repeat the procedure a couple of three times. Just pour
the old acid back in and more water if needed. The battery would generally
last two more years.
I did it myself for a few years but, it's rough on the clothing. \I have a
two year old Sears battery in my car that has lids that I can remove, the
tractor battery is sealed however, an needs a maintainer after 1-1/2 years.
Skip