[SEL] Cracked Head

Elden DuRand edurand at mchsi.com
Fri Jan 23 17:26:51 PST 2009

Tommy:

I'd much rather give the epoxy a try on old iron rather than weld or braze.  Too much heat stress could make the crack worse, even if it is drilled.

If the epoxy proves to not do the job on a particular project, then it's time to get out the smoke tools.

Take care - Elden
In Port St. Joe, Florida - In the heart of The Redneck Riviera
http://www.oldengine.org/members/durand