[SEL] Cracked Head

Luke Tonneberger flywheelin at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 23 09:03:07 PST 2009

Hey Joe,

It happened to me a couple years ago. Forgot I had water in a 5hp Sattley. The head was already brazed up from a previous freezing incident from someone else. For my fix I used some welding rod I think it was called weld mold 706 for welding cast iron. No preheat. I just welded little bits at a time. 3/4 to 1" then let it cool to the touch. I haven't run the engine or put water in it since it has been welded but it looks real nice and I have no reason to believe that it won't hold water.

Luke Tonneberger
Rockford, Michigan
USA