[SEL] Where is everyone?

Elden DuRand edurand at mchsi.com
Fri Jan 23 07:58:42 PST 2009

Rick:

Agreed!

The same thing happened to the antique car hobby.  In the '50's, when I got into that hobby, it was fun.  Although there were a few doctors, lawyers and indian chiefs in it, we all had fun with whatever we had.

THEN, everybody got too serious about it and the money guys entered and I got out.  I don't think it will happen to me here in the rust hobby because I can be happy with a few rustaholic friends and in my shop, piddling with my little projects.

Sure - I'd love to have something like a nice slide valve Otto but that's never gonna happen.  I could never afford ohnje even if I could find one for sale.  I want an Otto, I can just design and build a little one.

Take care - Elden
http://www.oldengine.org/members/durand