[SEL] Thread question

James Mackessy jmackess at twcny.rr.com
Tue Jan 6 09:57:23 PST 2009

Yup. That's a 5-bar Western or Northern Electric from the first few decades
of the twentieth century, when the old Seller's thread system was still
used. I've see this thread on gauge screws, and although I can't find the
right old handbook at the moment, I believe it's in the number series and is
something like a 13 or 14-24. I'll dig later and try to find a chart. Gun
makers, typewriter makers, sewing machine makers all loved using these
"bastard" threads to confound the average repairman.
Jim Mackessy