[SEL] Thread question

peter ogborne jopeter at omninet.net.au
Tue Jan 6 01:56:25 PST 2009

Maybe Ron ,allowing for a slight error in measurement you could be looking
at``Cycle Engineers Institute[CEI] threads.Major diam .266 x26 TPI. .Then
again it could be Swiss or Thury screw thread ,No -1 , major diam .268 x
22.85 TPI.Sorry no definate explanation ,obviously used in instrument making
Closest SAE thread is 1/4 ,which is .250x20 TPI* or 28 TPI* .
Maybe you are looking at a 5/16thx24 TPI NF * thread
Note the * indicates that these threads are what was known as SAE
Aeronautical  Standard .This makes sense in your case but the date of the
instrument throws me somewhat!