[SEL] First engine of the year!

Best, George George_Best at adp.com
Mon Jan 5 07:40:11 PST 2009

My first new engine of the year arrived yesterday afternoon.

The 18hp Stover portable engine I traded for last month (or was it
November?), finally arrived.  Originally it was supposed to be delivered
before Christmas, but winter storms and various problems delayed its
arrival until yesterday.

As a fitting end to its journey across the country, it started snowing
just as the guy pulled in with the trailer and engine.  We unloaded it
while it was snowing and there was still some daylight, plus the guy had
another delivery to make in the evening.

The engine is now sitting inside my barn and it is the biggest engine
that I've owned.  Big 55" flywheels that are over 4" wide.  Don't know
what the whole thing weighs, but it is heavy.

Hope to get it running next weekend, unless I can wait and have to give
it a try some evening after work this week.