[SEL] Help!! I need a Briggs coil.

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Mon Feb 23 10:42:00 PST 2009

Hi Guys,
         I know that there are other "small engine" places but you guys
have always come through.

         I am desperately looking (have been for about 2 years) for one or
two ignition coils from an older twin cylinder Briggs & Stratton. There are
none in South Africa.

         New or second hand (as long as it's good) will be fine. It must be
the type used for points ignition - NOT electronic ignition). I think that
the original Briggs part number is 394988 but am not too sure if this is
correct or if any Briggs twin coil (for points NOT electronic) will do the
trick.
         I've tried John Smith a number of times without success as well as
someone with an email addy something like <buzzard at aol.com> and have never
even had the courtesy of a reply from him.

         I really hope someone can help me with this one and I'll be
forever indebted to you.

         I'm not looking for a "freebie" - I expect to pay for it. Someone
has gotta have  one lying on a shelf somewhere that they would be prepared
to convert to cash :-)

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans
<www.oldengine.org/members/evans/plates/index.htm>