[SEL] Low amount of messages

Ken Christison christison at coastalnet.com
Wed Feb 18 06:54:19 PST 2009

I use Flickr which is a nominal $25 per year,
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kenskritters/
and don't think it has ads.  I might be wrong, but when I am not logged
on it doesn't
show ads.

As far as large attachments go, I use the same program with my
syrupmakers and gristmillers
lists, and there is an option for allowing attachments and I don't
believe there is a size limit,
though I haven't upped it because of the folks on dial-up.

For those on dial up, the simple way to take care of large files is to
use mailwasher to
screen all your messages.  It they are larger than you have time to wait
for, you can
just delete them from the server.  I do that quite often, usually for
anything over 1MB
in size.  It takes me 5 to 7 minutes per MB.  Unlike Rob, my only access
to broadband
is with satellite, and I don't see spending $70 or $80 bucks monthly for
a slower service
than my son gets with DSL in town 5 miles away.

Take care.

Ken