[SEL] Looking for Charlie Bryant's Friend Clarance

paulmaples at sbcglobal.net paulmaples at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 6 09:58:30 PST 2009

Thanks Steve, someone else had sent me his information and I just got off of
the telephone from talking to him.

Well Ole Buddy this morning I loaded up 4 of the 4' long smoker baskets with
marinated beef strips and they are on the smoker now as I write this. I put
them on and set the temperature at 140 degrees for the 1st hour with no
smoke. I turned the strips over after the first 30 minutes.

At the end of the first hour I increased the temperature to 160 degrees and
added some charcoal and a hickory chunk and they have now been smoking for
2-1/2 hours. I will secure the smoke at 3 hours and raise the temperature to
175 degrees for another 2- to 3 hours or until they are done.

I hope they are eatable.

I will let you know if I succeed or fail.

Paul