[SEL] Portland Auction Pics......Dual fuel utes

peter ogborne jopeter at omninet.net.au
Tue Feb 3 06:03:53 PST 2009

How easly this can happen ,did it myself ,only $20 of premium in a Mazda
BT50. Drained it straight away ,no damage done . One thing the Mazda has on
the Navara , the former has a drain plug .
I am told that with the Common Rail Diesel relying on the Diesel fuel to
lube the pump, and certain  components of the pump being case hardened the
lack of lubrication ,ie Petrol can cause expensive damage ......sounds
plausable .I am told that the problem of accidental fuel filling is big in
Europe with so many  passenger Diesel vehicles on the road.......problems
with insurance.