[SEL] New Years crankup ??

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Thu Dec 31 10:24:51 PST 2009

Hi all,
         There's been no talk of a New Year crankup this year - anyone
having one?

         I will not be as I will be fast asleep at midnight. I worked until
5:00 am this morning and I'm "Bushed" (or should that now be "Obama'd).

         As an alternative, I'll start my pickup's engine just now so that
I can park it in the workshop. I hope that's acceptable:-)

         On the subject of things falling by the wayside - whatever
happened to the SEL Charity Xmas Auction. Has it now died officially? Last
year's auction seemed to herald it's demise.

         I've only just made the Brass Plate from last years auction - but
that's only because the pics to copy only arrived a few weeks ago but
that's not a problem as the winner and I have been in constant touch about
them, (before someone again accuses me of taking a year or more to deliver
plates <big grin>). There is no "time limit". Then again I'm still waiting
for pics for some plates that were won on the 2007 (or could it have been
2006) auction - also no problem the winner and I are in touch.

         O.K. that's enough rambling - Happy New Year (again) to you all.

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans
<www.oldengine.org/members/evans/plates/index.htm>