[SEL] Looking for small alternator.

Elden DuRand edurand at mchsi.com
Fri Aug 28 18:50:41 PDT 2009

Alan:

Yes, I don't have a whole lot of power out of the 12.5 cubic inch Hvid I built.  I figure I should be able to make 10-15 amps at full engine output.  You can see the engine on my website below.

I'll design my regulator so I have an output current adjustment.  That way, I can set the max. load so the engine can just barely pull it.  The battery will supply the peak power required over that the alternator can supply.

I may just go to Pick-A-Part and find something that looks likely.

THEN, I have to find a motor of about 1/4 HP.

Take care - Elden
http://www.oldengine.org/members/durand