[SEL] Please "hold thumbs" for me - the saga ends :-)

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Tue Aug 18 09:57:39 PDT 2009

At 06:00 PM 18/08/2009, you wrote:
>Message: 13
>Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 09:11:03 -0500
>From: "Elden DuRand" <edurand at mchsi.com>
>Subject: Re: [SEL] Please "hold thumbs" for me - the saga ends :-)
>Jerry:
>Some blokes just have all the luck!  I don't know much about Listers (and
>am too bone idle to look the specs up) so could you let me know the HP and
>RPM of each type?
>Take care - Elden

Hi Elden,
         What you been smoking??? <big grin>
         The message had all that info in it :-)
"Copy follows"

"an aircooled 3 cylinder - 33 HP @ 1800 Lister diesel of similar vintage. I
was not
particularly interested in the 3 Cyl. engine ( I think it is a type HA3 but
not totally sure, as I mentioned - not my interest)."
and
"P.S. For those who do not know - the Lister 5/1 and the Lister 6/1 is the
same engine. The engine produces (5 HP at 600 RPM) or (6 HP at 650 RPM).
According to David Edgington it was a "marketing ploy". They were
originally marketed as 5/1's and later as 6/1's. Same engine!!"

         I was just "ribbing" you about the "smoking" keep well my friend.

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans
<www.oldengine.org/members/evans/plates/index.htm>