[SEL] Barn Fire

Mark Shulaw frappi at wcoil.com
Wed Aug 12 07:49:03 PDT 2009

If the firemans hose we see in the picture hit that cast iron while
hot its all over but the scrap yard or yard ornament. Once a building
is engulfed the best for the contents made of cast iron is to let the
fire go if practicable, protect the surroundings but let the fire
burn out. This way the cast cools slowly with the dying fire and has
a better chance of being salvageable.  Not saying it will be
salvageable just that the chances are better. Beside letting the fire
run its course makes clean up easier.
  Restoration of a more common tractor or engine may not be
practicable but there may be parts that can be salvaged.
My regrets to the owner.                 Mark

At 08:29 AM 8/12/2009, you wrote:
>Bummer...  At least folks have restored engines that have been through a fire.
>
>On Wed, August 12, 2009 7:01 am, Luke Tonneberger wrote:

Mark Shulaw
454 Co. Rd. 33
Bluffton, OH. 45817
USA

Frappi at wcoil.com / 419.358.5206  Home / 419.516.2996 Ver. Cell.
Hobby Collector and Dealer in Maytag Multi-Motor Engine parts.
VISIT the Maytag Collectors Club at  www.Maytagclub.com