[SEL] The Coborn has landed !!

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Sat Aug 8 11:34:06 PDT 2009

Hi all,
         I still have not got the Lister CS5/1 onto my pickup - "Govmunt"
Officials et al. but have been promised that "Tuesday: will be the day -
problem is that Monday is a public holiday here (Womens Day !!!!)  so I'm
going to "Hold thumbs" and "cross fingers" for Wednesday !!

         Anyway, not all is lost! The Coborn aircooled engine that I wrote
to the lists about a few weeks ago is on the back of my pickup and safely
parked in my garage. It's too cold and too late to actually unload it now -
best left for tomorrow. (And an "Iron-Horse" genny").

         When I sealed the deal on the Coborn, I knew it had a "pump"
attached but never even got close to it. Now that it is here I have found
that the "pump" is actually an air compressor of unknown origin. Seems like
it was "cobbled" to the engine later. (I'm not unhappy!")

         Please guys, Look at the page here:
<www.oldengine.org/members/evans/coborn/index.htm>

         If anyone can shed any information on the compressor I would
really be eternally greatful. Details on the page.

         Then I also got a Johnson "Iron-Horse" in the same deal. Also on
the page.

         Hey Guys, I do understand that these engines are not as
"glamorous" as many of yours but I'm pretty new to the hobby - most of the
"glamorous engines" have already found homes - I've gotta appreciate what
is left (and what I can afford). I love them all.
Keep well.

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans
<www.oldengine.org/members/evans/plates/index.htm>