[SEL] Foundry Question

Rupert rwenig2 at xplornet.com
Tue Aug 4 17:58:32 PDT 2009

Hello Peter,
	I just re-read your original message about the noise factor. A thought
might be to put together some portable noise shields using foam or sound
barrier panels to place between the neighbor and the furnace. And, place
the furnace where there isn't a good reflective surface behind it. A
reflective surface will reflect noise very well. Just a thought.
	I did a noise test on the Monster burner when I first built it. My old
foundry shed where I had the furnace set up for use in cold weather was
lined with OSB with a vent hood over the furnace. The reading I got on
the DB meter was 85. That's about as much noise as a lawn mower with a B
& S engine makes.

Rupert

peter ogborne wrote:

(snip)

> .Cast Iron has been limited but has been successful. But now this noise
> problem has come up .As Danny lives in close proximity to his neighbors we
> must solve it otherewise he may have to cease. Any advise or help would be
> verymuch appreciated.

(snip)
--

yvt