[SEL] Aussie tractors across the USA

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Tue Aug 4 09:55:42 PDT 2009

At 06:00 PM 04/08/2009, you wrote:
>Message: 1
>Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 06:39:08 +0800
>From: "peter ogborne" <jopeter at omninet.net.au>
>Subject: [SEL] Aussie tractors across the USA
>To: <sel at lists.stationary-engine.com>

>Something that most Australian members are probably unaware of . A group
>of members from the Chamberlain 9G  Tractor Club in West Australia are at
>the moment driving their tractors across the USA . These blokes are from
>Ongerup and the Porongerups here in West Australia .The group consists
>of  five  9 G's and camper vans .........if any of you blokes in the US
>see  the distinctive orange coloured tractors  say'' G'day''.

Hi Peter,
         I came across that the other day when surfing the web. Wow what an
adventure!
         I've often dreamt of going on a long trip on my tractor but a)
finances and b) the condition of my tractor prohibit this. (If only I was
"RICH" !!).
         One of our collectors drove a little Ferguson TED (Grey Fergie)
across South Africa (north to south) a few years ago and had wonderful
stories to tell.
         I also seem to remember someone who drove a garden
tractor/lawnmower with a trailer attached for quite a long way in the USA -
I think it may have been made into a movie.
         If anyone does see these guys please also offer "Best Wishes" from
South Africa.

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans
<www.oldengine.org/members/evans/plates/index.htm>