[SEL] Foundry Question

Rupert rwenig2 at xplornet.com
Tue Aug 4 06:57:33 PDT 2009

Hello Peter,
	I have a similar setup for doing my metal casting except I use a
naturally aspirated burner. The naturally aspirated burner is still
noisy but not as noisy as most fan driven burners. Also, there is no
difference in noise level when melting the different metals. What
changes is the heating time.
	Two reasons I chose a naturally aspirated burner are noise level and
the fact that a power failure won't interrupt a melt.
	In your case, changing the fan to a fan that produces the same pressure
and volume of air at a lower rpm will reduce the noise a little.

Rupert