[SEL] List manners

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Sat Aug 1 10:21:12 PDT 2009

>From: "peter ogborne" <jopeter at omninet.net.au>
>Subject: [SEL] List manners
>

>Jerry can I slip this in while you take breath?
<Big grin> :-)
Jerry
<big snip>
  Having said that I do feel that the SEL is not what it used to be
.......of course the replies to that statement will go somewhere else!
>An interesting dilema arises ......should I quote an answer on SEL that is
>attributed to a non SEL member. I suppose if I re word it it is
>ethical....what do you think?

Hi Peter,
         Thanks for the reply. Yes I agree that the SEL is not what it used
to be and I've been a member for a lot less time than you so it must have
been quite awesome in the early days. There seem to be a lot less questions
asked these days and correspondingly fewer answers but in my experience
I've got very useful answers to my questions even if there have only been a
few. Even though I've only been here 5 years I have seen the drop off and
it is a subject that has cropped up quite often for discussion. I suppose
that's just "progress".
         I see no reason for not posting the info from a non member, give
him the credit but post it.
         On my Maytag coil conversion I learnt most of the info I had from
"Smokstak" and posted it here but did mention I had got it from "Smokstak".
Nothing wrong with that - we are all open forums and here to learn and help.
Keep well
Jerry.
P.S. I hope you did not think I or anyone else attacked you as Kevin seemed
to think!