[SEL] Penetrating Oils

William Young wmlyoung at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 30 02:02:59 PDT 2009

Hi Guys, Bill Young here ( In Japan)
  I got all excited when I read the thread about acetone and ATF.  Went to the shop and mixed half a liter of each together in a glass container ( for observation, not storage.)
   Beautiful color.  But, without further testing, I am wondering if Dave-san might have a valid point, "A" OR "F."  I have not yet determined what type mine was (is) but it certainly appears that the two fluids are not miscible.  A few minutes after mixing and vigorous shaking the two components have separated. Has anyone actually mixed and used this concoction?
   Tommy-san, If you give it a go, please let me know your results -- and what type you used.
wmyoung at juno.ocn.ne.jp