[SEL] Petter AV2-M Rstore, Progress Report 4-A

frank skinner marinesurveys at msn.com
Thu Apr 30 01:03:24 PDT 2009

Well not a lot to report since my last post.

Pistons still VERY stuck, soaking in every thing you can think of.

{ I havn't tried Scotch } gave it lotsa thought though ;-}

I'm awating a 5/8" BSF tap to make couplings for the head studs

to extend the length, then fit a 1" plate to accomidate a hydraulic

"Porta-Power" ram, to ease the piston down.

Once I can accomplish this I can remove the Cylinder blocks

then re-attack the pistons & liners, and finish the complete tear down.

Good news is I found a # 5 Bell housing for the engine that would

allow coupling a genset up directly, BAD NEWS, its in Nottingham UK

I'm sure the post to get it here would be bloody expensive.

Back to finding another plan, I suppose.

Remember, "Rust Never Sleeps"

        Franklin S. Skinner
    Marine Surveyor & Consultant
3428 Talon Court Wilmington NC 28409