[SEL] Stuck Piston Rings

Arnie Fero fero_ah at city-net.com
Wed Apr 29 09:23:56 PDT 2009

Dolly's sage advice extends to the laundry room as well.  I had a set of coveralls
that had gotten liberally coated with Tod Engine Grease.  Bright spark that I was I
laid them out in the driveway, hosed 'em down with Gunk and then hosed 'em with
water.  Man did they still stink!  Ahhhh, I know, into the washer!

VERY BAD idea.  I opened the washer and was nearly floored by the smell of Gunk (the
overalls still stunk as well).  Only then did it dawn on me that I shared the house
with three females all of whom had extensive (and expensive) collections of
Victoria's Secret lingerie.  I could see my doom writ large if the lingerie went
into the washer.

I think it took nearly a dozen "loads" before the smell went away.  Close call...

See ya,  Arnie