[SEL] piston rings

Germoamer at aol.com Germoamer at aol.com
Sun Apr 26 17:35:05 PDT 2009

Over the years I have used piston ring pliers, (I have several), for  small
rings, borrowed a larger set from a truck repair shop for larger  rings,
used hacksaw blades with set removed for installation shims, and fought  them
in other ways to get on the piston.  Getting ready to install some new
rings on a 5 inch piston, and the shim method is a bear with just two  hands.
Maybe it is time to invest in a large set of ring pliers. Anyone  got a
favorite trick that they use to install the larger rings?

Tom  Schmutz
Concord,  Va.
germoamer at AOL.com

web. Get the Radio Toolbar!