[SEL] Petter AV2-M Restore, progress report No. 3

Arnie Fero fero_ah at city-net.com
Fri Apr 24 10:09:18 PDT 2009

Curt,

Did Frank say that this engine had an aluminum block and/or aluminum piston?
I wonder of the "firepit technique" might render his key parts blob-like?

I think Leroy Clark had the same sort of success with fire that you describe.  I
think he went a bit further and used a shop vac as a blower to speed the process
along.  Same result though.  Cherry red engine that came apart nicely after it had
cooled.

See ya,  Arnie