[SEL] Petter AV2-M Restore, progress report No. 3

curt at rustyiron.com curt at rustyiron.com
Fri Apr 24 07:54:59 PDT 2009

Frank,
Enjoying hearing your progress on this project. Looked at your website
too. Be sure and photo document the project onto your website. We enjoy
the photo progressions.
I've done some experimenting with impossibly stuck parts by placing them
in my wood stove in the evening as I load it for the night. I'll place the
part in the ample bed of hot coals, and then load the nights wood on top
of that. The fire burns all night and I'll let the fire go out all
together. The next evening retrieve the cooled part from the ashes. Loose
parts....works every time!

Now it would take a healthy wood stove to put your Petter cylinder in, but
maybe you could build something using a 55 gallon drum, or maybe a fire
pit in the ground. It's going to need to get really hot, and then cool
very slowly to prevent any damage. I bet this method will work for you.

Curt Holland
Gastonia, NC