[SEL] Petter AV2-M Restore, progress report No. 3

frank skinner marinesurveys at msn.com
Fri Apr 24 00:59:36 PDT 2009

Im still down to the lower end, VERY STUCK pistons, can't turn the engine

over to get @ the rod bolts properly.

I've squirted every kinda penetrating substance, called in A Witch Doctor,

A Voodoo Priestess, several locals & 911, & still VERY STUCK!!!!!

Next step is to try releasing the cylinders from the base, see if I get

enought movement to get @ the rod bolts. Thats thats the "NO Progress Report"

Small real progress, bead blasted the Intake & Exuast manifolds, both inside

on outside {they cleaned up well } & a cast iron base door from the spare engine.

This base door has an oil fill that will allow adding oil, with out pulling a valve cover

like we used to have to do to add oil.

On the stuck piston, I've thought of a tall pipe in the air &

a wire connected to the engine & pipe, and see if lightning helps.

I also thought of putting the heads back on & using a charge of

black powder, maybe.

And the saga / drama goes on ;-}

http://www.oldengine.org/members/fskinner/index.htm

        Franklin S. Skinner