[SEL] Cootamundra Rally Pics

Patrick pml1 at bigpond.net.au
Tue Apr 21 23:04:40 PDT 2009

Hi Arnie,
    the big black thing is the exhaust silencer or the Sunshine two-stroke.
I am sue one of the silly buggers who like two-strokes can tell you about it
;)
It does give the Sunshines a unique sound.
The Wolseley screen coolers are original factory items. I had not seen one
like it before and there were two at the one rally. The skid mounted one is
one of only a couple that have survived.
Patrick

On 22/4/09 8:45 AM, "Arnie Fero" <fero_ah at city-net.com> wrote:

> G'day Patrick,
>
> Lovely rally pictures as always.  I do have a couple of questions.
>
> I'm guessing that the nifty screen cooler on the two Wolseleys is factory
> original?
> http://www.oldengine.org/members/pml/Coota09/pages/0904170092_JPG.htm
> http://www.oldengine.org/members/pml/Coota09/pages/0904170102_JPG.htm
>
> Is the black thing along the cylinder of that Sunshine the silencer?
> http://www.oldengine.org/members/pml/Coota09/pages/0904170145_JPG.htm
> If so, that's one odd shaped bugger!  How's it sound?  Is it unique like a
> Petter so
> if you heard it you'd say "That's a Sunshine running..."
>
> See ya,  Arnie

Patrick M Livingstone
Leichhardt NSW
http://www.oldengine.org/members/pml/Index.html