[SEL] Stripped stud

Dave Rotigel rotigel at me.com
Mon Apr 20 18:27:57 PDT 2009

Helicoil SHMLICOIL! George, they didn't make Helicoil's when your Ingeco was built!  If you use a helicoil EVERYONE on the LIST will remember FOREVER that you did not do the job properly! I have just what you need, and will be glad to loan it to you. It's a tap and die set that is 1/32 oversize. It's what every good shop used prior the modern inventions like the helicoil! I bought the set several years ago and later realized what the "+ 1/32" stamped on each piece meant! You would, of course, have to also manufacture a nut that is 1/2 + 1/32. But NOT TO WORRY, I have BOTH the tap AND the die in the set. I will be home from FL on April 30 and could send both to you on May 1st. Let me know if you want to borrow them!
      Dave
PS, No hurry on getting them back to me. I'll likely never use them. I use helicoils!