[SEL] Fairbanks Morse N (Tom Winland)

Judge Tommy Turner lcjudge at scrtc.com
Thu Apr 16 05:41:35 PDT 2009

Well Kevin, the only thing I know is I used to own that darn thing.  I
got it out of Arkansas several years ago.  I got 2 at the same place.
One was an 8 Hit and Miss and the other was an 8 throttler.  Mike
O'Malley got the hit and miss from me and I sold the throttler to a gent
in NC.  Then Jon (or Tom) got it from NC..... Some of this old iron has
traveled many miles!!  There was at least 3 of the engines at the Hart,
TX auction that I used to own.  One was the 4 HP Fairbanks. I got it out
of Canada in the mid 80's.  The Shippensburg I got out of Iowa in about
'88.  I think I paid $600 for the 4 HP and traded a wagon for the
Shippensburg.  The good old days!!

Tommy Turner
Magnolia, KY