[SEL] O.T. Hot Rods

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Mon Apr 13 10:39:15 PDT 2009

At 06:00 PM 13/04/2009, you wrote:
>Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 13:59:02 -0400
>From: David Rotigel <rotigel at me.com>
>Subject: Re: [SEL] O.T. Hot Rods
>
>WOW!! Thanks Jerry--and it took less that 17 minutes to fully load! Is
>this simply a white man's hobby in SA? I see only one car that's owned
>by a person of colo(u)r--jpg 91.
>         Dave

Hi Dave,
         ROTFLMAO!!
         You are right about it only being a "white man's hobby"! Others do
not get involved simply because there is too much work involved!!
         I do have to explain one thing though - not all white men are the
same. You will notice that the show was held in a town called Boksburg
which is "affectionately" known as "Spanner City" - I do not really know
how to explain it to you but it's one of those areas that is well known for
its "boy racers", "hotted-up" 10 year old cars and all the motor workshops
have names like "Rev Right Motors", "Big Balls Racing Tune ups" and suchlike.

         It's also one of those areas where the passport official asks "Do
you have a weapon?" - if your answer is "No" he usually says "Oh S---,
here, you'd better take mine". :-)
         I hope this clears it up for you.
Keep well,
Jerry.
P.S. And to think - I really liked that Pink - :-)