[SEL] Penetrating oil

Tony & Jackie kimmell at verizon.net
Sun Apr 12 07:19:40 PDT 2009

At 08:33 AM 4/12/2009, you wrote:
>I wouldn't use naptha as a charcoal starting fluid.  Too volatile
>and burns too fast to really work well.  Also, using it that way,
>you could make a flaming ash out of yourself.

Hah, yeah this was years ago back in the late 80's.  As I remember,
it did start the charcoal very well since it burns so hot.  Didn't
leave a bad taste like the cheap lighter fluid, either!  Dad would
stand about 6 feet away when he threw that kitchen match and
WOOSH!  Maybe this is the reason I became such a pyro... :-)

-Tony