[SEL] possibly OT scrap prices

Lew Best bee_keeper at clearwire.net
Tue Sep 30 14:36:14 PDT 2008

Hey guys

Anyone checked scrap prices lately?  I hauled some aluminum, copper,
etc. today & they were down sharply.  I got a price list & the last tin
I hauled a coupla months ago brought 8.50 (had been as high as 11 but
dropped & pretty well stabilized round 8-9 per hundred weight); today 4
bux!  Copper had been over 3 bux a pound; today 2.50.  I asked the lady
when they started dropping & she said today.  Guess it's due to the
bailout mess hanging in the fire right now?  Hope I'm not making a
mistake but not gonna haul any more for a while & see if it goes up or
down.

Lew near Waco, TX